Leak adjustment request related to Freeze Event

See All Posts

Fort Bend County Municipal Utility District No. 142 (FBMUD 142) has adopted a policy and procedure in which the District will consider permitting a water credit due to rupture or other damage causing a leak in a resident’s waterline during Winter Storm Uri. This credit is only for damages caused by the event causing excessive water usage and is not a credit for normal usage and/or preventative measures such as dripping faucets. Credit may be given for water usage in excess of the resident’s average usage which will be based on the resident’s January water bill. The credit will be applied to both the District’s and North Fort Bend Water Authority (NFBWA) water charges.

In order to be considered for a leak adjustment, residents must submit the request in writing and provide details and documentation on the repairs. Some of the acceptable documentation includes a plumber’s bill or a receipt for parts and a statement of self-repair.

You can find the form here: Link

For questions, you may contact the District’s operator, Environmental Development Partners at 832-467-1599 or email your documentation to customerservice@edpwater.com

Leak adjustment request and all related documentation must be received by May 1, 2021.